Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Halloween decor

The other day I told you about the Halloween decor I made. It's not that spectaccular but wanted to share it anyway. I printed the bat print from The Graphics Fairy (which you can find HERE) and framed it in one of those tacky golden frames which I bought for $1. Make sure that you print without borders, than it's right away ready to be framed.

The bottles beside it are really cool to make with your kids (or by yourself, just as cool if you ask me.......) I found these really cool jar labels over at the Love Manor blog. They are posted HERE for easy download. The one bottle has Vampires blood in there and the other has fresh clipped werewolf fur. Don't ask me how the blood was made, Joram started experimenting and used all kinds of stuff that he was not allowed to use (the one thing I know that is in there in KoolAid strawberry powder). The werewolf fur was harder to make, I used some hair out of our brushes (does it gross you out? I am sorry......) Too bad the brushes are cleaned on a regular base. But that hair did not really make the bottle look full so I trimmed some hemp cord and added some cut decoration feathers to top it off.


The bottles I already had and I was so happy that I did not throw them away.

Afgelopen week schreef ik over de Halloween decoraties die ik gemaakt heb. Niet echt heel spectaculair, maar leuk genoeg om toch even te laten zien. De afbeelding van de vleermuizen heb ik gevonden op The Graphics Fairy en je kunt hem HIER vinden. Ik heb hem afgedrukt op A4 formaat (zonder randen) en ingelijst in een kitscherige lijst die ik heel goedkoop gekocht had.
De flesjes die naast de lijst staan zijn heel leuk om met de kinderen te maken (alhoewel......net zo leuk zonder de kinderen ;)) Ik vond geweldige halloween etiketten op Love Manor blog. Je kunt ze HIER makkelijk downloaden. In het ene flesje zit Vampierbloed en in het andere vers geknipte weerwolfvacht . Vraag me niet hoe het vampierbloed is gemaakt. Joram heeft geexpirimenteerd met allerlei dingen en daar zaten ook dingen bij die hij niet mocht gebruiken (Koolaid aardbeien limonade poeder onder andere). De weerwolfvacht was niet zo heel makkelijk. Ik ben begonnen met de haren uit onze haarborstels te halen (Vies? Sorry..........) Maar helaas worden ze regelmatig schoongemaakt en vulde dat het flesje niet echt op. Vervolgens heb ik een stuk henneptouw heel fijn geknipt en ook nog wat rode decoratieveren verknipt.

De flesjes had ik nog en ben nu heel blij dat ik die niet heb weggegooid.

No comments:

Post a Comment