Sunday, December 05, 2010

Recycle old books while scrapping

  I am always in for finding alternatives for scrapbook supplies. And then especially cheap supplies. I love how you can find cheap glitter stickers in a departmentstore in a section where you'd never expect them. My BFF found a whole shoebox full of rub-ons (the ones graphic designers use) at a garagesale for $1. This weeks challenge at Let's Scrap is all about recycling. The challenge was to use book pages on your pages. They can be used in any form, you can make flowers of them, use them as mats or even die-cut them into a title.
And I do know that there are people that will be worried about the acid in the book pages. Well, I guess book pages are not acid free but I always keep this in mind: As long as they don't touch your pics no harm will be done. And if that does not do it for you: You can always use the de-acidification spray (isn't that a nice word, if it is...................could also be de-acifying, ha!)

Before I started this layout I was already working on a project (home decor) with book pages for a tutorial at The Scrapshoppe that I will be posting later on this week. So making a layout with bookpages was a great matching project.

For this layout I used an older picture from Joram. It was taken in 2006 while we were in Tuscany, Italy. For hygienic pruposes bathing caps are mandatory in almost all pools. Well, I can tell you, when you get used to it: No problem at all. And you know what: You don't even have to worry about your hairdo when you come out of the water!

Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned paper: Lily Bee Design
Rub-ons: Scenic Route
Journaling spot: Making Memories
Misc: My homemade glimmermist, sewing machine, book pages (John Grisham's the Partner), ribbon

For those who have been scrapping for quite some years: Do you recgonize the A alphabet sticker in the word 'Tuscany'? If this would be an actual itme it would be called vintage or even antique. I think it is one of the very first sticker sheets I have ever bought.




For all of you: Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. yes like the LO from recycle..2011 will be the year of shopping from my craft supply lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you used the bookpaper, Debby. Cool LO.

    ReplyDelete