Saturday, December 18, 2010

Stamping on your layout

This may sound very familiar to quite a bit of scrappers and cardmakers. There are so many supplies I have and don't really use. For example: STAMPS! I have so many stamps, foam stamps, clear stamps and even the old fashioned mounted ones. And when do I use them? Hardly! Actually, I probably must say NEVER because most of them are still unopened. Shame on me.....................

So this weeks challenge at Let's Scrap was a good one for me: Use stamps on your LO. Well, I got out my foam stamps and used them for a title on this LO. This pic was taken during our stay in Croatia last May. There's actually a funny story to this one. I was going to take a pic from DH Richard while he and DS Joram were palying mini golf. I was entertaining DD Jinte and shooting some pics. I took this pic and I was kind of annoyed because he suddenly looked up. So the shot I had in mind was totally ruined.
But a couple of minutes later this turned out to be one of the best pics! DH was actually looking up because he felt something on his shoulder. He looked up and did not see a thing. Okay, done deal, move on with the game. A bit later it turns out that a bird pooed on his shoulder! So the pic I took was timed so well!
I am still going for all my leftovers for the layouts I am making. I am a fan of combining patterend papers form different manufacturers and for this one I used three different paper lines by three different manufacturers.

Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket, Rusty Pickle*, Daisy D's*
Rub-ons: Basic Grey
Stamps: Making Memories, Creative Impressions
Misc: Bling

* These companies do not exsist anymore (talk about using up your stash.................)

And to top it off: I won this challenge! Thanks Mandy!

Have a great weekend!




3 comments:

  1. I have a ton of stamps I rarely use too. I started to do this challenge, but didn't get it done in time because I had a migraine. I will finish it soon though. I belong to a CTMH club, so keep buying thier stamps, I just need to do a better job of using them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story of the picture...so funny,,congrats on the win..Are you all ready for Christmas???

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story! & a great layout.

    ReplyDelete