Monday, June 14, 2010

Scrapping every day photo's / Alledaagse foto's scrappen


My regular readers know that I have way too many photo's to be able to scrap in a lifetime. The bad thing about that is that sometimes I only scrap my favorite ones, or the ones with special events on there. Basically it means that I have lots of photo's from every day moments and I never know what to do with them. Mainly because I have no inspiration on what to write about or what the title is going to be.
I have noticed that most of my every day photo's have a lot to tell.
At Let's Scrap a challenge was posted: Scrap your 'ordinary' photo's! I right away had a photo in mind that I was going to scrap. This pic was taken in April 2009 when my brother in law and his family were over. On this photo DH Richard and his brother John are competing eachother on the Nintendo DS playing Mario Kart. The photo is not taken well (I guess both guys will agree when they see the top of their heads on this photo) and you can't really see what they are doing.
But the story behind it is kind of special: This seems like such an ordinary photo but technically it isn't. The two brothers live almost 6000 kilometres apart. So this photo is not so ordinary (this is what I call creative title work, LOL)

Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned paper: Daisy D's, Rusty Pickle
Chipboard: Bazzill
Stickers: American Crafts, Lil Davis
Rub-ons: Bo Bunny

Geeh, I noticed that I made this layout with some old products: Daisy D's, Rusty Pickle and Lil Davis are all out of business. I was a heavy year for the scrapbooking industry. I am still missing my favorite magazine: Memory Makers. I would have never thought they would go out of business. I am very happy that they still make books.

Have a good week!


Mijn vaste lezers weten het inmiddels wel: Ik heb zoveel foto'. die ik kan in mijn hele leven nog niet scrappen. Het nadeel daaraan is dat ik soms alleen maar mijn favoriete foto's scrap en dat zijn dan meestal speciale gebeurtenissen. Dat betekent dat heel veel foto's uit het leven van alledag blijven liggen. Vooral omdat ik geen inspiratie kan vinden om ze te scrappen. En dan vooral over wat ik ga schrijven en wat de titel zal worden.
En dat terwijl ik gemerkt heb dat juist die foto's van alledag zoveel te vertellen hebben.

Bij Let's Scrap was er een challenge: Scrap je 'gewone' foto's. Ik wist meteen welke foto ik zou gaan scrappen. Deze foto is genomen toen mijn zwager en zijn familie hier waren in April 2009. Op deze foto zijn manlief Richard en zijn broer John aan het Mario Kart-en op de Nintendo DS. De foto is eigenlijk heel slecht genomen (ik weet zeker dat beide mannen het met me eens zullen zijn als ze deze foto zien) en je kunt eigenlijk niet eens zien wat ze aan het doen zijn.
Toch is het wel een beetje speciale foto. Het lijkt zo gewoon: Twee broers DS-en, maar als je bedenkt dat deze broers bijna 6000 kilometer uit elkaar wonen is het toch weer niet zo heel gewoon (not so ordinary). Dus deze foto is 'not so ordinary' (Dat bedoel ik met een creatieve titel, hahaha)
Cardstock: Bazzill
Dessinpapier: Daisy D's, Rusty Pickle
Chipboard: Bazzill
Stickers: American Crafts, Lil Davis
Rub-ons: Bo Bunny


Jeetje, het valtm e op dat ik deze layout heb gemaakt met oude lijnen. Rusty Pickle, Daisy D's en Lil Davis bestaan alledrie nietm eer. Het is een zwaar jaar geweest voor de scrapbook industrie. Zo mis ik ook nog steeds mijn favoriete tijdschrift: Memory Makers. Ik had echt nooit gedacht dat die het niet zouden redden en zouden stoppen met het uitgeven van het tijdschrift. Gelukig geven ze nog wel steeds boeken uit.

Een fijne week!

1 comment:

  1. Great layout Debby. Love all the stitching, the ribbon and the paper.

    ReplyDelete