Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How versatile are sketches????

Every other week one of our DT members at Let's Scrap hosts a challenge. This time it was Beth's turn and I was certainly surprised and had LOTS of fun doing the challenge.
These are the tips she gave:

Do you ever have a sketch you want to use, but you either have more photos that you want to include, or your photos are not in the right orientation?  Often this problem can be solved by using smaller photos.

A horizontal 4 x 6 can become:
  • 2 vertical 3 x 4 photos
  • 2 horizontal 2 x 6 photos
A vertical 4 x 6 can become:
  • two horizontal 3 x 4 photos
  • two vertical 2 x 6 photos
The above ideas can be used without changing the sketch at all.  With just some slight changes to the sketch you could also use:
  • two 3 x 3 photos
  • two wallets 
If you really want to include a lot of photos, try using 2 x 2 photos.  You can substitute six 2 x 2 photos in place of just one 4 x 6 photo.  

Isn't that the coolest? Well, I played with one of our sketches and this is what I came up with. For those who recognize the patterned paper on this one: Yes, it is the Girls Paperie Christmas line. When I saw the sheet with the roses on there I knew I HAD to have it, you have to agree with me: There's nothing Christmassy going on on this LO. When I would not have told you, you would not have known. 
For me this was #22 in the LOAD challenge (layout a day), so I am doing pretty good. I do not think I have ever made so many LO's in such a short period of time. 
I splashed some StazOn re-inker on my background cardstock to make it more appealing. Just used a small brush and started playing. Just make sure your ink ends up ON the cardstock, not on everything around you. The splashing is really hard to control, LOL

CS: Bazzill
PP: Prima Marketing, Girls Paperie*
Border punch: Fiskars
Ink: StazOn
Misc: Sewing machine, felt stickers, wiggly eyes
* Companies marked are not in business anymore.

Only a week to go until the Let's Scrap Leap around the world blog hop starts. It is going to be so much fun. There are going to be 50 (yes, fifty!) hosts and they will all provide a prize. To be able ot win a prize you must be a member of Let's Scrpa and start scrapping as soon as February starts! 

Thanks for popping by and have a great week!






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your style Debby. Stopped by to checkout the details. Fabulous! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! Debby that is the CUTEST polka dot coat I've ever seen. Those pics are ADORABLE! Love that title, too. I really like that you use all one color alphabet and then vary one letter. I keep meaning to try this and never can find the right set to look right. You pull it off fabulously!

    ReplyDelete