Wednesday, January 25, 2012

LOAD challenge and scrapping with kraft

The LOAD (layout a day) challenge that Cathy is hosting at Let's Scrap sure made me scrap. I can not say I am totally up to date but so far my count is #24. Not bad for someone who did a 106 LO's last year.
As you will all know by now I am a huge fan of single LO's, single photo pages and kraft cardstock. Ooooh, do not want to forget machine stitching, LOL.

For this LO I used a photo from DD Jinte where she is showing off her Mr. Patato Head. We found him in one of the boxes in the attic that were filled with toys from DS Joram when he was younger. And Jinte LOVES playing with it. And mostly to make funny and weird looking faces with two pairs of eyes, an ear on the spot the nose should have been. In the gallery at Let's Scrap was mentioned twice that the creature she created looks like one of Picasso's paintings. Oh my, that is true, I never looked at it that way!
PP: Basic Grey, Bo Bunny, Lily Bee Design
Border punch: Martha Stewart

Photo corner: Daisy D's*
Misc: sewing machine, button, embroidery floss



* Companies marked like this are no longer in business. 

The title was cut with my Silhouette



I am also putting this LO in for the ScrapFIT #23 challenge, which is to use kraft cardstock. Got to love a challegne like that, LOL. Always loved and still love the Basic Grey kraft lines. Too bad it did not became one of their basics.


Thanks for popping by, I can not believe it is Wednesday already. I got the cold from Jinte so now I am sniffing, sneezing and coughing. Maybe I'll hit the hey early today.






3 comments:

  1. Awesome layout Debby! As always. Love that journaling and super cute photo. I also really like the randomness in the title. Just great. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog about Motherhood agreeing with me. You are too kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this is sooo cute & colorful! I can't get over how cute the picture is...she's precious! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable LO!! I can see both you and your DD are quite creative! Love your pp combination! Thanks for joining us for the Weekend Warm-Up at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete