Friday, February 18, 2011

Scrapped a first birthday and blog hop winner announced!




It seems like forever since I updated my blog. The Let's Scrap blog hop has taken a lot more time (and energy) than we thought and now that it is over there's a bit more time for other things like scrapping and other fun stuff!
The blog hop was a tremendous success and there were so many participants. The designteam came up with the most amazing challenges. We got so many new members and the gallery was rocking. I even got to finish all 15 challenges on the blogs. The only thing I did not finish was Kathy's word scramble. There were 25 words and I did not get more than 8 unscrambled. Isn't that horrible?????? Guess I can say I am not so good at word scramble games!
I had 50 people participating in my challenge so there were a lot of rusty dusty eyelets used. It was great to see all the ideas people came up with to use eyelets. Even though they seem very outdated, non of the layouts or cards that were made for this challenge looked outdated. I used the random number generator to pick a winner for my challenge. The winner is Rachelle! She made a really cool layout with eyelets. Congrats Rachelle, your prize is on its way!

There is lots of activity going on at Let's Scrap. The two new challenge groups we started are a great success and you can still join them. One group is the 'Let's Scrap our Stash' group where you are challenged to use only your stash while scrapping. I finished the month of January without buying anything new!
The second group we started is the '100 layouts in 2011' group. Basically the goal is to reach your scrapping goal in 2011. Some of us scrap 200 LO's in a year and some only 50, but the challenge is to reach your personal goal. I am set for a 100 layouts for 2011, and so far so good, I have finished 16!
And trust me, there's more fun to come at Let's Scrap!

The first layout after the blog hop was one with pics from DD Jintes first birthday. I can not believe she is over 18 months already. We celebrated her birthday a little early because we would be in Canada for her birthday. So it was not really her birthday but there we tons of people, gifts and a dairy, egg and nut free cake (got to love those allergies!)

I scrapped this with papers that I loved because of the design but I always think that papers that have an entire image on it as a design are so hard to use. I could not scan this layout because of its bulkiness so I had to take a pic. But with hardly any daylight out there I had to use the falsh. :( This is what I came up with:

Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned paper: Prima Marketing
Button: Bazzill
Misc: Sewing machine, ribbon

I made the flower from crepe paper. I thought the color matched the patterned paper perfectly.
 
               


3 comments:

  1. well Debbie you have been very busy.. love this ist birthday picture..hard to imagine Jinte is know 18 months old. My lil Madelynn is now 9 months and getting into alot of trouble lol..she will be visiting us for a week in early March..so excited..take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this LO, Debby! So many yummy things to look at. That flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how bright and cheery you layout is Debby, and the crepe paper flower is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete