Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Scrapping with texture, Let's Scrap challenge

During the blog hop, our design team at Let's Scrap did not post any challenges. Which was more than understandable because with 15 challenges going on at the blog hop we all had enough to do. This past Friday was the first 'regular' challenge after the hop and it was Kathy's turn to come up with a good challenge. Well, she did! She came up with this awesome challenge and it was all about texture! Remember those days where mesh was THE thing to have? And when scrapping with fabric was the HOT thing? I even bought a book about scrapping with fabric. If you want to see the complete challenge and want to join: Hop over to Let's Scrap!
This is what I came up with: The picture was taken around Christmas 1972 and my DH and his brother are on there together with their grandmother. I always love to see pics of my DH in his little sailor suit.

And since I am also taking the Let's Scrap our Stash challnge: I only used stuff from my stash (which will probably last me for five years, LOL)

CS: Core'dinations, Bazzill

Transparency: Creative Imaginations
Stickers: Basic Grey
Misc: Bakers twine, pom pom trim, staples, cork, sewing machine, embroidery thread, currogated cardboard

I made the cork flowers myself. I had so much fun doing this challenge. It made me going out of my comfort zone. Thanks Kathy!
For all of you: Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Debby, it's such a beautiful page!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable Debby! I love this one. The clocks are great, how did you do those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. john (the sailor)23:36

    I think those kids are just so lovely - pretty dapper men.

    ReplyDelete